March 30, 2020
Authored by: BCLP Digest
2019 was another active year for new regulatory activity and litigation targeting the food, beverage, and supplement industries.
In this roundup, Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner LLP presents a collection of regulatory developments, key court decisions, and notable settlements that were reached in 2019 and early 2020.
The highlights of this 2019 roundup include:
- New federal legislation governing food labeling.
- New regulations and a burst of litigation regarding CBD-based products.
- An update on slack fill litigation.
- Notable rulings, trials, and settlements.
- Prop 65 and food safety update.
- A preview of areas to watch in 2020.